What We're Readin' and Watchin'

Book and video reviews by the Lucy Robbins Welles Library staff. The public library of Newington, Connecticut.
Website: www.newington.lib.ct.us Phone: 860-665-8700

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Some Best Books of 2006 lists

Mark Flanagan from About.com literary section suggest 10 books from 2006. If you like me you are still on the waiting list for Stephen King's Lisey's Story! I can't believe I haven't read any books on this list! I think I'll go check out Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld.

The Washington Post list 10 books for children. Of course you must read Here Lies the Librarian; a book proported to kill off the sterotype of the typical bunned and shushing librarian!

Book World picks there 10 best. After This may well be one of the best books of 2006 but I don't think it's Alice McDermott's best book. I loved Child of My Heart.

ALA's list of best books for Young Adults.

-vicky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home