What We're Readin' and Watchin'

Book and video reviews by the Lucy Robbins Welles Library staff. The public library of Newington, Connecticut.
Website: www.newington.lib.ct.us Phone: 860-665-8700

Monday, December 04, 2006

Plot Against America

Title: Plot Against America
Author: Philip Roth

This is very timely material although the story is set just before WWII. I have never read Philip Roth before. I know a big hole in my reading resume. However, this book did not grab my attention. It should have. I have a strong commitment to social justice for all people. I believe in personal freedoms and the bill of rights. Orwell's 1984 made we want to change the world. this book just made me glad it was over.

My Cedar Mountain Commons book discussion group will talk about it next Monday. Maybe they can help me appreciate this story.

-vicky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home