What We're Readin' and Watchin'

Book and video reviews by the Lucy Robbins Welles Library staff. The public library of Newington, Connecticut.
Website: www.newington.lib.ct.us Phone: 860-665-8700

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

That Night


Title: That Night
Author: Alice McDermott

Alice McDermott took me back to my suburban childhood in this disturbing story of young love. I remember the gossip, the pressure of everyone watching you and knowing your business as well as the comfort of everyone knowing you and watching your business! She captures the feeling of being a child and knowing something is wrong but not quite understanding exactly what all the fuss is about. I have read Child of My Heart and am reading After This so far That Night is my favorite.


Read an interview with her at Powell's .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home