What We're Readin' and Watchin'

Book and video reviews by the Lucy Robbins Welles Library staff. The public library of Newington, Connecticut.
Website: www.newington.lib.ct.us Phone: 860-665-8700

Monday, August 21, 2006

Stop Walking on Eggshells

Title: Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care about Has Borderline Personality Disorder
Author: Paul Mason, Randi Kreger

This book has changed my internal life and my external life. A family member has BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) and the psychiatrist in charge of the case recommended this book. This book is about letting go of the idea that you can fix the person you love. This book is about setting limits to the person's behavior to protect yourself mentally and physically. This book is about stepping back and not taking the person's accusations and hurtful remarks, personally. After reading Stop Walking on Eggshells I no longer felt guilty when I had to say no to the person in my life to protect my mental health, or my finances. I have stopped bailing the person out and letting the person experience the consequences of her/his actions. And I understand the person behavior much better now.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has a family member or loved one that suffers from BPD. I would also recommend this book to anyone with someone in their life who has a recurring problem.

-vicky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home